50 Ways To Love And Embrace Your Single Season
1. Practice self-care. Love yourself. Treat yourself to a spa or massage. Get a mani/pedi. Have your brows and lashes done. Look good; feel good.
2. Take yourself to dinner and read a good book while dining.
3. Do positive affirmation in the mirror. I am beautiful. I am powerful. I am amazing. I am wonderfully and fearfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
4. Get healthier. Daily exercise makes your brain sharp and increases dopamine, or the happy hormone.
5. Sing in the shower. Loudly. Release your inner superstar.
6. Go out to Karaoke with friends.
7. Treat yourself to a movie and laugh with the person seated next to you.
8. Have a date with Jesus by candlelight with worship music and God’s Word.
9. Meditate daily. At least ten minutes. Pray, read the Bible, and then take time to just breathe and be in the moment.
10. Make a list of what all you’re thankful for. Keep a gratitude journal. Thank God for His many blessings.
11. Pray daily about your purpose, and pursue it like you will not fail. Find out what God wants you to do and take the first step toward it, while allowing God to lead you to the next step and the next step and the next step. You’ll soon realize that life is a big adventure as you walk by faith and not by sight.
12. Learn a new skill or trade. It’s never too late to learn something new.
13. Do what you love as much as you can. Like sewing - sew for friends and family then offer it on Etsy.com Like skating - skate at least once a week.
14. Hang around people who celebrate you and not simply tolerate you. Surround yourself with supporters who freely motivate and inspire you as you do the same for them.
15. Dream again. Think back to when you were a child and what you always wanted to do. Reignite the fire to pursue what God initially put in your heart.
16. Get rid of toxic relationships and toxic people. Cleanse yourself on the inside out by controlling who you give your time and energy to, and who has your ear.
17. Go to different places to meet new people. Don’t be an island. And don’t always go in groups. Go somewhere solo. Find activities such as on meetup.com and intentionally meet others.
18. Always look your best. Looking good increases your confidence in every arena.
19. Have a life! Go out and do different things! Go on a singles cruise like mysinglescruise.com and meet new people. Don’t place your life in a holding position because you’re single – enjoy life now!
20. Volunteer and help others less fortunate. Give from the depth of your soul, and receive the joy that comes from giving.
21. Self-validate and self-accept. Do things that make you happy, not to make others happy or to receive approval and acceptance from others. Accept yourself, first. Remember that in Christ, you are always accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6)
22. Create peace. Surround yourself with peace. Shun drama. Do things and surround yourself with people who add to your peace and joy within. Anyone you allow in your space should only add or multiply, limit contact with those who subtract and divide. Receive God’s peace. (John 14:27)
23. Have a girl’s night out, rent a comedy movie and just laugh out loud all night. Laughter is medicine for the soul. (Proverbs 17:22)
24. Create a “bucket list” of at least seven things you want to accomplish before you leave this earth.
25. Host a party honoring your closest friends and family members who “get” you.
26. Schedule a photo shoot.
27. In meeting new people, say, “No” to what you don’t want quickly.
28. Attend painting with a twist with friends.
29. Take a cooking class.
30. Have at least one male platonic friend. No strings. Nothing romantic. Just friends.
31. Take a road trip with girlfriends or solo and enjoy the scenic route. Rent a nice room on Airbnb.com and give yourself a mini vaca, even if it’s just for a night.
32. Take a long, soothing bubble bath with candles and a juicy, good book.
33. Create a youtube channel about something you’re good at and find fulfillment in teaching others and creating your own community.
34. Be open to possibilities. Accept a blind date set up by a married friend or go to coffee with someone you met online or from a meetup event.
35. Learn ballroom dancing or Chicago step. Be a beast on the dance floor.
36. Write down your ten “must haves” and ten “can’t stands” in a relationship and stick to them (based off book, Date or Soulmate by Neil Patrick Warren)
37. Treat yourself to a nice vacation or getaway, reward yourself for all your hard work with a nice trip.
38. Walk in the park and enjoy nature and the sounds of children playing on the swings.
39. Sleep one afternoon on a hammock.
40. Call a friend you had beef with and tell them “I’m sorry” even if they caused the friction.
41. Set #relationshipgoals according to God’s standard and not someone’s Instagram post.
42. Become the greatest version of yourself.
43. Show and tell your mother you love her; treat her to a nice restaurant.
44. Rearrange your furniture.
45. Treat yourself to a nice makeover. Find deals on Groupon.
46. Speak and smile at everyone you meet.
47. Learn from every setback. Turn every mistake into an opportunity to get back up and get back on track with a fresh start. Know that because there is no failure in God, there is no failure in you.
48. Give to someone who may never have the opportunity to personally tell you, “Thank you.”
49. Work on your inner character as much as you work on your outward appearance. (2 Corinthians 13:5)
50. Write your thoughts, and believe in the bright future God has for you. (Proverbs 4:18)
Kim Brooks is the Bestselling author of several books geared toward Christian singles including her latest comedic novel, SHE That Findeth She is the publisher of The Single Heart Daily Devotional and host of the upcoming Abundant Life Singles Cruise. For more info. Visit her website at www.KimOnTheWeb.com